Before General Anesthesia/Sedation
Please read the following instructions before receiving General Anesthesia or Sedation from Dr. Hall, Dr. Bienstock, and Dr. Jones.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- You may be instructed to take certain medications with a small sip of water prior to your surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and closed toe shoes (no sandals or high heels).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office ahead of time.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hall, Dr. Bienstock, or Dr. Jones prior to your surgical date for instructions.